Yesterday the U.S. House of Representatives voted to pass the Paycheck Fairness Act - H.R.1338. The bill is intended to prevent gender-based wage discrimination by amending the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 and provide more effective remedies to victims of discrimination in the payment of wages....but this is pathetic.
Once again Virginia's House Republicans took a stand against their constituents and every working American by voting NO on this measure. The proof of their anti-worker, anti-labor, anti-American vote was recorded as House Roll Call No. 556 of the 110th Congress, 2nd Session:
• Rep. Eric Cantor (R-7) NO
• Rep. Thomas Davis, (R-11) NO
• Rep. Thelma Drake (R-2) NO
• Rep. Randy Forbes (R-4) NO
• Rep. Virgil Goode, Jr. (R-5) NO
• Rep. Bob Goodlatte (R-6) NO
• Rep. Robert Wittman (R-1) NO
• Rep. Frank Wolf (R-10) NO
On November 4th every one of these members of Congress deserve to be replaced.
I couldn't agree more. And in the 10th CD, it should most definitely be "farewell Frank, hello Judy Feder!"