Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Tom Davis to Retire. Hint, Hint FrankWolf!

What is this, the day for withdrawals and retirements? Giuliani, Edwards...now it's Tom Davis:
U.S. Rep. Thomas M. Davis III (R-Va.) said today he will retire from Congress at the end of the year, bringing to a close a 14-year stint in the House of Representatives during which he rose rapidly through the ranks of Republican leadership and championed such issues as D.C. voting rights and a vibrant defense-contracting industry.

"It's time for me to take a sabbatical," Davis said. "I would say I'm not ruling out future public service, but it's time to be refreshed, to see what it's like in the private sector. That doesn't mean I will or won't come back."

Hey, that sounds like a great idea -- retire and go make big bucks in the private sector. In fact, it sounds like SUCH a great idea I hereby suggest it for Frank Wolf as well. I've even got a job suggestion for Wolf. Kidding! :)

No comments: